Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Read the Label


In this day and age of it is even more important to read the label of the products that you’re using.  You can’t simply just trust that companies have your best interest at heart or that you’re getting the product that is advertised.  This may not matter to some people but for others this can have dire consequences if there is something in the product that a person is not supposed to have for any various reasons. 

Case in point, I’ve been buying a certain type of protein powder for a while now.  It’s a great powder and has quite a bit of protein per serving.  The manufacturer makes a few different types of them from Zero Carb, Endurance, and Ready to Drink.  Now, I’m quite different when it comes to flavors because I hate chocolate and have all my life.  So it puts me at a disadvantage when shopping for protein powders because that’s the most popular out there.  I was lucky enough to find Isopure at the suggestion of my mentor who knew I was looking for specific things. 

I found a flavor that I liked and bought it and continued to buy it not bothering to read the label.  This has been months now.  Recently my online seller emailed me when I placed my order and informed me that they were out of stock and would I like to try another or wait.  Not wanting to be without I decided to try another flavor and found another that I liked.  I even had given some to my friend who is also a trainer. 

Well yesterday he and I were talking and we were wondering why the nutritional info was off from flavor to flavor.  Grabbing his bottle he and another trainer went over it and when I came up from my workout that had a HUGE surprise for me.  What I thought was the zero carb version was actually their endurance version which has carbs in it but the carbs are completely sugar.  Now I knew that I had been getting the endurance brand for a while but had never bothered to check the label.  Having sugars in my protein shake of that level has been contributing to my plateaus in weight loss.

So the morale of the story, read the label.  Now that I’m aware that I’ve been getting the wrong  product line of Isopure, I’ll be switching with my next order to the proper one and thus putting myself one step further to being on the right track for weight loss.

 Challenge Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment